Eating a good nutrition and balanced meals will help you and your child to grow up healthy. You can take steps to encourage smart eating habits in your child from a young age.
- Have regular family meals.
- Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
- Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
- Avoid battles over food.
- Involve kids in the process.
To help follow these steps
Set family meals at times where it is most comfortable for everyone to be present. This will encourage kids to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains.
Store healthy food as when they are young, children will mostly eat what is in the house.
- Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine
- Make it easy for your child to choose healthy snacks
- Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein
- Choose whole-grain breads and cereals
- Limit fat intake
- Limit fast food and other low-nutrient snacks
- Limit sugary drinks (incluuding fruit juices)
Drinking milk is also a plus as it will build uptheir calcium.
For more detailed information, click on the link below