Seven Things Everyone Should Know
About Online Personals
Everybody's doin' it. Online Dating is growing increasingly popular with people of all ages. It's quick, easy and inexpensive. That's why so many are wearing their heart online. All of the major Web portals, without naming names, are really just big ‘pick-up joints' for millions of singles across the country.
There are a few tips to remember, however, before taking the plunge into Online Dating:
- You can weed out people not considered ideal candidates for a date by their online responses. Ask questions about hobbies, career, education, family relationships, political interests, and other reasonably personal questions.
- There's a lot less pressure. If you decide not to follow-up with somebody, you can always just ignore incoming e-mails. There's no need to make up some excuse. Just click on delete and move on.
- Online personals are much more convenient. At a bar, people are pressed to find somebody within a certain time range, between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m., for example. I am sure you have seen the "desperate hour" right before closing at a singles type bar. Visitors to online personal sites can browse a wide selection of candidates at their own convenience – in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.
- There is a huge selection of singles online. You can scan hundreds of photos and bios in a very short period of time.
- It's easier to custom-tailor your search online. On Dateable.com, for example, we offer topical sections and forums where people with similar interests can have stimulating conversations from the very beginning.
- Ask if the dating service you are thinking about using provides *anonymous e-mail, so you don't have to reveal your identity. Setting up a free e-mail account for that purpose can protect your privacy if they do not provide anonymous e-mail.
- Internet dating bides you time to find out more about this person. For example, if you're leery of someone you have met, you might want to do a background verification check. If a creditor, the police or a spouse is looking for your potential love interest, why go after this person when he or she is already wanted?
© Dateable.com LLC 2001
© Dateable.com LLC 2001
Dateable.com is an exciting online community for singles, couples and romance lovers. Dateable.com has romantic resources, advice, poetry, greeting cards, and more. Dateable.com also features specialty matchmaking services. Whether you are looking for a soul mate or a playmate, visit http://dateable.com
Don't forget to visit our personal ads section
at Calderdale Casbah
FREE web-based email
Other related articles include: